Wine accessories are not always foolish. Here are 6 useful recommendations from someone engaged in wine activities all the time. Continue Reading →
International food and drink resource.
Darrell Corti operates an Italian Deli in Sacramento and writes the most erudite deli newsletter in US for gourmets. In May I wrote the following review of his quarterly newsletter:
The newsletter is an extremely erudite compendium on the background behind many of the unusual items produced for Corti Brothers, and on how to use them. Lemongrass – ginger sauce; herbed salt from Sicily; a thin-skinned cannelloni bean grown in Pescadero; Sherry vinegar from Spain; Persian cookies; where to dine in Tokyo; a creamed honey ~ these are just a smattering of the topics in the latest newsletter alone. It is about the only piece of promotional mail that I always look forward to reading.
I just discovered the online archive of his newsletters so I thought I would share that link with my readers.
Order unique foods to pair with wines and for cooking, and learn about gourmet foods.
Read more from the Bruce Cass Biography
- Roussanne ~ My Quaker Moment in the Rhône March 27, 2012
- New World Albariño. Hope You’ve Got a Thick Skin. June 14, 2012
- St Hallet ’98 (OB) Shiraz October 29, 2009
- Togni ’99 (Tanbark) Cab Sauv November 4, 2009
- Inniskillin 05 Vidal Icewine November 30, 2009
- Grigio Style: Pinot Gris Dances with Asian Flavors September 8, 2014
- Mourvedre’s Dark and Terroir-torial Personality April 15, 2014
- Tannat Finds a Toehold in California January 17, 2014
- Barberas Shine in El Dorado Competition June 17, 2013
- Of what value are wine reviews? December 31, 2012
- Greg: Thanks for showing El Dorado County some attention...
- Dave Lustig: And the old vine Mataro hiding down in Cucamonga i...
- Larry Schaffer: Nicely written piece - thanks for putting the spot...
- Artesana Winery: Nice article, thank you for the attention you brin...
- Robert Haas: Thanks for the interesting piece of history on Tan...
Follow @wineteacher on Twitter